I mean life on campus.
So its my first year of college. Away from home. Away from family. Away from friends. Before it was time to move, the thought of meeting tons of new people was kind of scary, it was overwhelming. How will I approach them? Will they talk to me? What are they going to see in me? I was scared yes. Not the fact that I was moving, but being in that environment with so many people. Very different from where im from. Small town of Cobden where everyone knows each other. Seriously.
So I thought, how do I get their attention? Oh right. Be yourself. Haven't you ever heard that? Probably MANY times before. Sometimes I get sick of hearing it. But it's so true. Theres no other way to go. Just be yourself. Show them who you really are. I met a girl named Amanda, in one of my classes on the first day of school, we were sitting beside each other and we got talking. We introduced ourselves and it all started from there. We got talking about family, friends and church. I'm really happy that I met her. I really need someone in college that has the same thoughts and beliefs about God. I love being around her because I know we both share love for God.
Quick story, last week I had a project due. I needed to get to a computer to print off my work that I emailed myself that night before. We could not find a computer for a long time. We walked around the college looking in computer labs. I was getting stressed and a little scared that I wasn't going to get this handed in. As if, the one time you REALLY need a computer and theres not one to be found. And this time I needed it because of work. Not because I had to check my facebook or email. As we were walking she started praying out loud about it. We walked to the 'main' computer lab on the main level, the one thats always busy. We walked in and RIGHT infront of us, a guy was just about to get up. I looked at him and he asked me if I needed a computer. I said yes. He told me he was just about to get off and that I could use that one. I looked and Amanda and smiled. Coincidence? I think not. The power of God is great. Its awesome when you don't think he's listening, but he hears every word. Even if you don't think he would help because its such a small prayer. You would think he has more important things to do. But nope. He's always there for you to count on. Even if its just a computer you really need to print off your work that has to be handed in. He'll find one for you. (John 15:7) "Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered."
I'm glad that I was being myself and I told her about my love for God. I bet if we never talked about church or the relationship we have with God, I bet that I won't know her that well and we probably won't be good friends that we are now. My point is, you should always live one way. Don't have different 'lives' that you talk about and share with others. Tell people who you living for. I bet you will meet others along the way. I sure did. As true Christians, you should follow the greatest person ever, Jesus. He was himself and true.
Show others what you have painted on your canvas. Show them what you have been through, who you are and what you have discovered. What ever you have painted on your canvas, what ever colours you are showing, show others what you have created. Show everyone your masterpiece. My canvas is full of colour, love, happiness, creativity, inspiration, desire, passion, and the list goes on. Whats on your canvas? Show your masterpiece to others. Tell them who you are and don't try to be someone else. If someone said that they didn't like the colour green, but that was your favourite colour, but you still agreed with them...you told them that it was the worst colour ever. Don't be shy. Speak up and tell them what your favourite colour is. Who cares? Your not trying to be like them, you are your own person.
Don't be ashamed that your a Christian.
(1 Peter 4:16) "Don't be ashamed to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God that you belong to him."
I'm happy that Amanda and I have at least something in common.
Thats life on campus.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me."
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Hey Michelle...God's painting on your canvas such beautiful art. Love to read your heart. I'm glad you are being true to who God make you to be. You are an amazing woman!
Are you home this weekend? Thanksgiving?
Hope to see you.
K
Post a Comment